Coconut Cilantro Pesto Recipe: A Refreshing & Spicy Pesto Recipe With a Taste of the Tropics by Monin Americas
Most of us are familiar with basil pesto, but what about cilantro pesto? Add some coconut syrup to that creamy pesto recipe and suddenly you're sitting on a white-sand beach with the wind in your hair.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pint
- 6 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup canola oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Monin® Coconut Syrup or your favorite coconut syrup
- 6 green Thai chilies, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
Here's how to make it:
- In a blender or food processor combine all the ingredients and puree until well combined and smooth in texture. If needed, add water and continue to purée until desired consistency is achieved.
- Place into a container, cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to use.
Photo: MONIN Americas
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Monin Coconut Syrup $15 & Up
Coconut Syrup $12 & Up
Almonds $4 & Up
Grapeseed Oil $5 & Up
Canola Oil $2 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.