Grandma's Old-fashioned Fresh Spiced Apple Loaf Recipe Is So Moist by Donna John
This moist apple loaf recipe from my grandma's recipe box starts with a boxed spice cake mix. And, what a great start it is! This apple bread is super moist and full of cinnamon and spices without you having to bake from scratch. That's always a plus in my book!
The box cake mix is stirred together with chopped apples, eggs, oil, flour, cinnamon and, if you want, raisins. (Raisins are a persona thing, you either love 'em or hate 'em). The apple bread is baked in a loaf pan in the oven for about 40 minutes, then cooled before serving. The result is an irresistible apple bread (or is it cake?) that you'll crave for a snack, dessert and breakfast. So easy, and so delicious!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Servings: Makes 2 loaves
- 1 box (16 ounces) spice cake mix
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Stir all ingredients in a bowl with a spoon until well blended. Divide batter between two greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pans. (You can line the pan with parchment paper, if preferred.)
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool loaves in pan for about 2 hours before removing.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.