Crispy Viennese Chicken Recipe: Buttery Lemon Chicken Ready in 20 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Viennese chicken is simply thin breaded fried chicken (think schnitzel) that's served with a lemony butter sauce. This easy Viennese chicken recipe is not only quick to make, but also simply delicious.
All you need to make this crispy chicken for your family is boneless chicken breasts, flour, eggs, breadcrumbs, lemons, butter and fresh rosemary or thyme. The chicken is breaded then quickly pan-fried until cooked through, juicy and golden brown. The simple three-ingredient lemon sauce is served with the hot fried chicken breasts.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1 rosemary sprig or 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- juice of 1 lemon
Here's how to make it:
- To make the lemon butter, put the butter and herb of choice into a small saucepot. Cook over low heat until the butter melts. Add the lemon juice. (You can strain the butter mixture before serving, if desired.)
- Put the flour into one bowl, the eggs into another bowl and the panko into a third bowl.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken into the flour, then into the eggs, then into the panko. Put the chicken into the hot oil. Squeeze some lemon juice over the chicken.
- Cook until the chicken is golden brown and crispy on both sides and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- To serve, slice the chicken and serve with the lemon butter sauce.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.