Maple Pecan Pie Bars Recipe: You'll Be Sweet on This Maple, Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Nut Bars Recipe by 30Seconds Food
A maple-flavored brown sugar pecan filling is baked in a brown sugar and cinnamon shortbread crust. Oh, my. How delicious does that sound? We see a tray of these maple pecan pie bars on your Christmas dessert table.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes plus time to cool
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups pecan pieces (you could also use a mixture of pecans, walnuts, cashews or almonds)
Here's how to make it:
- To make the crust, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender or a fork, incorporate the butter pieces until coarse crumbs form. Press the mixture into a square baking pan that's been lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- To make the filling, put the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup into a saucepan. Stir until the butter and brown sugar melt together. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and pour in the cream. Stir until combined. Add the pecans. Pour the mixture into the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for another 25 to 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for at least 1 hour before removing and cutting into squares.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Square Baking Pans $8 & Up
Pastry Blenders $6 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Cinnamon $2 & Up
Pecans $4 & Up
Maple Syrup $3 & Up
Pancake Syrup $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.