Juicy Prime Rib Recipe With Horseradish Sauce Is What to Serve for Christmas by 30Seconds Food
Wow your holiday guests and family with this easy horseradish prime rib recipe. It looks and tastes impressive, but it's super simple to make. This baked beef prime rib is loaded with flavor, tender and juicy. The perfect centerpiece for your Christmas dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 to 3 hours
Total Time: 2 to 3 hours
- 1 4- to 5-pound prime rib roast, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- couple shakes of Worcestershire sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the horseradish, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread this mixture over the prime rib. Put the roast into a roasting pan. Drizzle the roast with a little olive oil. Cook in a preheated 500-degree F oven for about 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 325 degrees F and continue to bake until it reaches desired doneness (see chart below). Let the prime rib rest at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- To make the horseradish sauce, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Rare: 120 - 125 degrees F (bright red center)
- Medium Rare: 130 to 135 degrees F (very pink center)
- Medium: 140 to 145 degrees F (pink center, brown edges)
- Medium Well: 150 to 155 degrees F (no pink)
- Well Done: 160 degrees F and up (brown throughout)
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.