Filet Mignon Recipe With Sherry Mushroom Sauce: A Gourmet Beef Filet on Your Plate in 20 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
A filet mignon (aka beef tenderloin) melts in your mouth, but add a flavorful sauce and it ups the yumminess factor. This easy filet mignon steak recipe with a sherry mushroom sauce will put you at gourmet status in about 20 minutes. Easy enough for a weeknight dinner, but elegant enough for Christmas Eve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tenderloin steaks, about 2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Here's how to make it:
- Season with steaks with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook until well seared on both sides and to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan. Add the mushrooms and shallots. Cook, stirring, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Mix about 2 tablespoons of the beef broth with the cornstarch to make a slurry.
- Pour in the remaining broth and sherry. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put a steak onto a serving plate and surround with the sauce.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.