Garlic Butter-Crusted Prime Rib Recipe Is What to Make for Christmas by 30Seconds Food
Turkey and ham are yummy during the holidays, but serve this easy garlic butter-crusted prime rib recipe and you will get oohs and ahhs. We promise! This baked prime rib recipe is succulent, juicy and loaded with flavor.
The beef is smeared with a garlic, rosemary and thyme butter then baked to your desired doneness (see temperature chart below). Be sure to let the prime rib rest for at least 20 minutes before carving it up for friends, family and holiday guests. Use the leftovers to make prime rib sandwiches. And don't forget the horseradish sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: approximately 2 to 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours (approximately)
- boneless ribeye roast, trimmed (about 5 pounds)
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth
Here's how to make it:
- Season the roast with salt. Put the roast into a baking pan.
- Combine the butter, garlic, rosemary and thyme in a small bowl. Spread the mixture all over the roast.
- Bake in a preheated 500-degree F oven for about 25 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the roast for 2 hours. (Do not open the door for at least an hour when you can start checking the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.)
- Once the internal temperature reaches your desired doneness, remove the roast, cover with foil and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- While the roast rests, pour the pan drippings into a saucepot. Whisk in the flour and broth and cook until thickened. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Rare: 120 - 125 degrees F (bright red center)
- Medium Rare: 130 to 135 degrees F (very pink center)
- Medium: 140 to 145 degrees F (pink center, brown edges)
- Medium Well: 150 to 155 degrees F (no pink)
- Well Done: 160 degrees F and up (brown throughout)
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.