Cinnamon Butterscotch Pie Recipe Needs to Be On Your Thanksgiving Table by Donna John
My family loves pie. My mom loves butterscotch and cinnamon, so this butterscotch cinnamon pie recipe was a no-brainer for her birthday. This creamy butterscotch pie was a cinch to make and was absolutely delicious, not too sweet like a lot of butterscotch recipes I've made for her.
To make this easy pie with all the fall feels, you will need a pie crust, dark brown sugar, flour, cornstarch, salt, ground cinnamon, whole milk, egg yolks, butter and vanilla extract. The pie whips up in no time, but do allow time for it to chill.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus time to chill
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes plus time to chill
Servings: 8 (makes 1 pie)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust or your favorite pie crust recipe
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Don't skip the step of tempering the eggs, or you could end up with scrambled eggs. That's not good!
- Store the pie covered in the refrigerator.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the pie crust into a pie plate. Flute the edges and prick the bottom all over with a fork. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Put the egg yolks into a small bowl and whisk.
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon and milk. Whisk together and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Take about 1/3 cup of the hot filling and put it into the eggs yolks to temper. Stir. Whisk into the filling.
- Add the butter and vanilla. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell. Let the pie cool about 30 minutes before refrigerating to completely chill, at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 16.9g
Saturated Fat: 7g
Total Carbohydrate: 48.6g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8g
Total Sugars: 36.8g
Vitamin D: 35mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.