Amish Baked Vanilla Oatmeal Recipe Makes Your House Smell Heavenly by Donna John
This Amish baked oatmeal recipe smells heavenly while it bakes and takes only a few minutes to prepare. You do need to allow time for the oats to soak, but if you did this the night before, breakfast would be ready for the oven before you even poured that first cup of coffee.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups milk or nut milk
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk well until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and milk.
- Add the oats and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered square baking pan or casserole dish.
- Let the mixture sit for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 30 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.