3-Ingredient Indian Rice Recipe (Jeera Rice) Is a Quick & Tasty Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
Jeera rice is an Indian recipe that's basically rice flavored with cumin. You can take the basic three-ingredient recipe and add other spices, and while they add extra layers of flavor, they are optional.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 4 cardamom pods (optional)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 4 whole cloves (optional)
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a skillet with a lid. Add the cumin seeds and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds. Add any of the other optional spices you are using. Stir.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice sit for about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.