Indian Cucumber Raita Recipe: This Healthy Yogurt Dip Recipe May Be Tzatziki Lover’s New Fave by 30Seconds Food
Raita is an Indian condiment made with yogurt and vegetables. Cucumber is a popular version of this sauce or snack, but it can also be made with radishes, carrot, peas and sometimes even fruit. Similar to tzatziki, serve with vegetables, pita or crackers for dipping. As a sauce, it's great on rice and chicken.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and grated or chopped
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup fresh chopped mint or cilantro
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cucumber into a colander and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit at least 10 minutes.
- Combine the yogurt, ginger, cumin, coriander and mint or cilantro. Mix well.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture from the cucumber and add to the yogurt mixture. Stir. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.