Delicious Indian-Style Egg Fried Rice Recipe Is in Your Bowl in 10 Minutes by Donna John
Fried rice has always been a go-to recipe for me when I need a filling meal on the table fast. This aromatic, egg fried rice recipe is a popular street food in India and is made with cold leftover rice. I usually cook a couple bags of boil-in-bag basmati rice or boil-in-bag jasmine rice the night before and pop them into the fridge. This easy egg rice recipe is steaming hot in your bowl in 10 minutes. No joke.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 - 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger (I use 2 Dorot crushed ginger cubes)
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked leftover basmati rice, cold
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
Here's how to make it:
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring, until cooked to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the oil to the skillet. When hot, add the ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, about 30 seconds. Add the red pepper flakes, white parts of the green onion, soy sauce and rice. Cook, stirring, until heated through. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs back to the pan with the green onion tops. Sprinkle with the rice wine vinegar. Toss to combine.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Woks $12 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Basmati Rice $3 & Up
Boil in Bag Basmati Rice $3 & Up
Soy Sauce $2 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Boil in Bag Jasmine Rice $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.