Fun & Refreshing Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe With Creamy Lemon Ice Cream by 30Seconds Food
Creamy homemade lemon ice cream is sandwiched between two cookies to create a dessert you won't soon forget. With temperatures rising, you need a refreshing lemon dessert recipe!
Any cookie will work – lemon is a flavor that plays well with others. If you want an even simpler version of this lemon ice cream sandwich recipe, buy store-bought lemon ice cream. We won't tell.
Prep Time: 4 hours for chilling/freezing
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours and 10 minutes
- 1 package of large, round cookies (lemon, chocolate chip, coconut, vanilla, peanut butter, chocolate, etc.)
Lemon Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons lemon zest
- dash of salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- yellow food coloring (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- To make the ice cream, put the cream, milk, sugar, lemon zest and salt into a saucepot. Bring it to a boil.
- While it's coming to a boil, beat the egg yolks in a bowl. Add about 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture to the eggs to temper. Pour the egg yolks into the saucepot. Whisk to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture can coat the back of a spoon, about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk. If using yellow food coloring, add now. Stir.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold, abut 2 hours.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer the processed ice cream into a container and freeze about 2 hours.
- To assemble the ice cream sandwiches, let the ice cream soften just slightly so it scoops out easily. Add one scoop on top of a cookie, put another on top and gently press to form the ice cream sandwich. Place in a container. Repeat with the remaining ice cream and cookies. Cover and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ice Cream Makers $25 & Up
Saucepots $10 & Up
Whisks $5 & Up
Lemon Cookies $3 & Up
Coconut Cookies $3 & Up
Peanut Butter Cookies $3 & Up
Chocolate Cookies $3 & Up
Chocolate Chip Cookies $3 & Up
Vanilla Cookies $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Food Coloring $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.