Broccoli & Friends Vegetable Casserole Recipe: Get Ready to Pass It for Seconds by 30Seconds Food
This amazing vegetable casserole is so creamy and cheesy! This easy vegetable casserole recipe uses not only broccoli, but also cauliflower and asparagus. The result is a gluten-free and vegetarian casserole that's full of different flavors and textures. And with cheddar, mozzarella and cream cheese (not to mention heavy cream), the cheesiness and creaminess is off the charts.
To make this cheesy vegetable casserole recipe you will need butter, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, cheddar cheese mozzarella cheese, garlic, mustard, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, asparagus and fresh herbs for garnish. It's easy to switch out the vegetables and make this side dish your own.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- chopped fresh herbs, for garnish (optional)
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Pepper Grinder
- You could use frozen vegetables for this recipe. Make sure they are thawed before using.
- Omit or double up on whatever vegetable you like to fit your family's tastes.
- Use whatever mustard you enjoy, from Dijon to yellow to spicy to whole-grain.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the butter, cream cheese and cream into a saucepot. Stir over low heat until melted.
- Add the cheddar and mozzarella, garlic and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until melted together and creamy.
- Put the vegetables into a casserole dish. Pour the cheese sauce over the top, making sure everything is covered.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 28g
Saturated Fat: 17.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 5.5g
Dietary Fiber: 1.6g
Total Sugars: 1.4g
Vitamin D: 10mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.