Marry Me Chicken Recipe: This One-Pan Chicken Recipe May Get You a Proposal by 30Seconds Food
It's said that this chicken recipe is so good, that if you make it for your love interest, they will ask you to marry them. We don't know if that's true or not, but it's a dang good chicken dinner recipe regardless if you want a proposal or not.
Marry Me Chicken is a family-pleasing recipe for busy weeknights, but could just as easily be served to dinner guests (or that special someone). If you do get the proposal, you won't have many dishes to wash. This is a one-pan chicken recipe, which is always a good thing.
Serve this skillet chicken recipe with rice or potatoes to soak up the creamy sauce. You could use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Some people like to add crispy bacon, too. We certainly won't object!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (drained if packed in oil)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- cooked, crumbled bacon, to taste (as an optional garnish)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet or ovenproof skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the hot oil until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook 30 seconds. Add the thyme, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, broth and cream. Cook, stirring, until it simmers and begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Stir. Put the chicken back into the skillet.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven until chicken is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Add crumbled bacon as optional garnish.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cast Iron Skillets $10 & Up
Oven-proof Skillets $10 & Up
Sundried Tomatoes $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.