Nutty About You Crispy Baked Chicken Recipe: A Healthy Valentine's Day Dinner by 30Seconds Food
This easy baked nut-crusted chicken breast recipe is simple to make and has an impressive crunch factor. It's a fun way to show the love on Valentine's Day. Tell someone you are nuts about them in a delicious way with this crispy nut-covered chicken!
The healthy nuts are pulsed in the food processor or blender until finely chopped. They serve as the coating on the chicken breasts before they are baked until golden and crispy. Lemon, thyme and Dijon mustard also add flavor to the juicy chicken. It's a delicious and texturally pleasing bite of chicken.
Try different nut combinations instead of almonds and pecans like walnuts, macadamia nuts and cashews, or use just one nut. It's your call. Serve this easy baked chicken recipe with a fresh vegetable and crisp salad with a homemade salad dressing. Don't forget the candles to set the mood!
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup flour
Here's how to make it:
- Pulse the nuts in a food processor or blender until finely chopped.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the nuts and panko to the pan and cook about 10 minutes, stirring often, until golden brown. Stir in the lemon zest and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Put the eggs and mustard into a bowl and beat well. Put the flour into another bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken into the flour, then into the egg then into the nut mixture, pressing so it adheres. Put the chicken on a baking sheet or into a baking dish.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9& Up
Baking Dishes $9 & Up
Food Processors $20 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Almonds $3 & Up
Pecans $4 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Panko $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.