Healthy Mediterranean Tuna Salad Recipe: This Tangy Tuna Salad Is Deliciously Dairy Free by Elisa Schmitz
My Tia Margarita (Aunt Margie, in English) was the first person to introduce me to tuna salad. While staying with her in Brooklyn, N.Y., as a child, she gave me a “splurge” meal that she made clear was only for special occasions: a decadent tuna salad sandwich. One bite of the flaky fish and crunchy celery bits all bathed in mayo, and I was hooked.
These days, I try to stick to an anti-inflammatory Mediterranean diet. Part of that means little-to-no dairy. So I came up with a Mediterranean tuna salad recipe that the hubs and I are becoming addicted to. It’s so easy, so lemony and so good, and ready in only about five minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 can tuna in water (you can use tuna in oil if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- juice of 1 small to medium lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Mediterranean seasoning (I use Weber Mediterranean Herb Seasoning)
- 1 stalk celery, diced small (optional)
- 2 slices tomato, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the tuna in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, capers, lemon juice, seasonings and celery, if using. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on whole-wheat toast, crackers or in an avocado. Garnish with tomato, if desired. Makes two sandwiches.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mediterranean Diet Cookbooks $5 & Up
Tuna in Water $1 & Up
Tuna in Oil $2 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Capers $3 & Up
Mediterranean Seasonings $3 & Up
Weber Mediterranean Seasoning $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.