Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole Recipe Will Warm You From the Inside Out by 30Seconds Food
The turn of seasons means we need more comfort food. This creamy chicken tetrazzini casserole recipe will warm you from the inside out and make you forget all your worries. It's just that good.
This comfort food casserole includes the following ingredients: noodles, chicken breast, olive oil, seasoned salt, butter, mushrooms, onion, thyme, flour, milk, chicken broth, Parmesan cheese and peas. The crackers are optional.
Serve this delicious chicken tetrazzini recipe with a fresh salad. Some ideas are our marinated tomato and radish salad, Mediterranean chopped salad, kale and pear salad, Caesar salad or shaved brussels sprouts salad. Enjoy this classic comfort food!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (you could also use boneless thighs)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup crushed buttery crackers (optional)
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 13x9-inch Baking Pan
- Pasta Pot
- Feel free to use your favorite pasta, whole wheat, regular or gluten-free.
- You could add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes to enhance the flavors but not add too much heat.
- Make ahead if you like; just cool and refrigerate for up to four days.
- Refrigerate leftovers and reheat in the microwave.
Here's how to make it:
- Sprinkle the chicken with seasoned salt. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet. Cook the chicken until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Cook the onions, mushrooms and thyme about 3 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet. Sprinkle in the flour and stir to combine. Whisk in the milk and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook about 3 minutes or until thickened. Add half of the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta, mushroom mixture, peas and chicken. Mix well. Pour into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and crushed crackers, if using.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 14.2g
Saturated Fat: 5.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 23.2g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4g
Total Sugars: 4.4g
Vitamin D: 94mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.