Sarah Adler's Pink Hummus: You Will Be Tickled Pink When You Make This Homemade Hummus Recipe by Sarah Adler
This is such a beautiful, show-stopping little dish, and is so multi-functional. I love serving it with veggies and gluten-free crackers as a quick appetizer, but it also does double duty as a Mediterranean-style salad dressing, as a great filling inside an avocado for lunch or as a spread in place of mayonnaise on anything. Pink deviled eggs, anyone?
This hummus keeps great in the fridge for up to eight days, so have some fun using it on leftovers and whatever else you can dream up. It’s great topped with extra sesame seeds (as pictured), toasted pumpkin seeds or a chile-infused olive oil for a little spice. If you’re really short on time, use a clean store-bought hummus and puree with one pre-cooked beet in a blender. Add extra seasonings, if desired.
- 2 small pre-cooked beets
- 2 cans (approximately 15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Sauté the onions in a skillet over medium heat until slightly browned.
- Add to a blender with the rest of the ingredients and puree until smooth, adding more olive oil or a bit of water if a thinner consistency is preferred.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, if desired, and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Excerpted from Simply Real Eating. Copyright 2020 by Sarah Adler. Photography by Carina Skrobecki Photography. Reproduced by permission of The Countryman Press. All rights reserved.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Garbanzo Beans $1 & Up
Tahini $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Sea Salt $3 & Up
Black Pepper $3 & Up
Sesame Seeds $3 & Up
Gluten-free Crackers $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.