This Cajun Shrimp With Cheesy Grits Recipe Is Ready in Under 30 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Shrimp and grits is a combination made in Cajun heaven. Think you don't like grits? Just wait until you add cheese and butter. It's a game changer.
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- chopped green onions or chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Bring the water to a boil in a small pot. Add a little salt, and then pour in the grits. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until thick, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese and butter. Cover and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to a paper towel. To the bacon grease, add the shrimp and cook about 3 minutes, or until they turn pink. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Stir in the Cajun seasoning.
- To serve, spoon grits into individual serving bowls. Top with the shrimp and garnish with chopped green onions, parsley and the reserved bacon, if desired. Serve with a bottle of Tabasco sauce.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.