Baked Cheesy Grits Recipe: This Puffy Cheese Grits Recipe May Turn You Into a Fan of Grits by 30Seconds Food
Don't think you're a fan of grits? Well, this cheesy baked grits recipe may change your mind about this southern classic. Serve for breakfast, brunch or even at dinner as a side dish.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup grits
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, gouda, white cheddar or your favorite cheese
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
- 2 eggs
Here's how to make it:
- Bring the water and salt to a boil and cook the grits as recommended on the package.
- Stir in the butter, cheese and hot sauce until butter has melted.
- Add the eggs and whisk well to prevent them from scrambling.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
2-Quart Baking Dishes $10 & Up
Grits $2 & Up
Hot Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.