12 Soup Recipes You Need in Your Life During Cold & Flu Season by 30Seconds Health
Nothing tastes as good as soup when you're sick. Whether you just have the sniffles or are on the upside of recovering from the flu or a bad cold, one of these 12 soups is sure to make you feel better.
1. Italian Pastina Soup: This Italian pastina soup recipe, with pasta, carrots, celery and peas in a mild broth, is just what the doctor ordered.
2. Creamy Tomato Soup With Grilled Cheese Croutons: Creamy tomato soup and grilled cheese is a classic combination. But turn that grilled cheese into "croutons," and you've made tomato soup magic. This creamy tomato soup recipe is ready in no time.
3. Southwest White Chicken Chili: No simmering all day here. This quick white chicken chili recipe is ready in about 30 minutes.
4. Zuppa Toscana: This rustic Zuppa Toscana soup recipe is warm, satisfying and easy to make – and it's better than that Italian restaurant's recipe!
5. Italian Wedding Soup: Not sure what this Italian wedding soup recipe has to do with weddings, but turkey meatballs, broth and tiny pasta are a marriage made in soup heaven.
6. Carrot Ginger Soup: Cook, blend, pour, enjoy. Yep, you are four steps away to happiness with this easy and healthy carrot and ginger soup recipe.
7. Hamburger Soup: This hamburger soup recipe is just pure comfort food and will make you feel better. Promise.
8. Baked Potato Soup: Nothing warms you up like a creamy bowl of potato soup. This baked potato soup recipe is ready in about 30 minutes and is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
9. Creamy Tuscan White Bean: This healthy white bean soup recipe has just a few simple ingredients, is packed with flavor and requires minimal prep. Don't have kale? Don't add it.
10. Corn Chowder: With five ingredients and less than 30 minutes, you can have this corn chowder soup recipe on the table. What's better than that?
11. Dashi Broth: Dashi is a very simple broth that is one of the cornerstones of Japanese cooking. It is made with kombu (dried kelp) and bonito fish flakes. This dashi broth recipe produces an amazing flavorful clear broth.
12. Chicken Broth: This chicken broth recipe really simple to make, so there's no need to buy canned broth! Another reason to keep chicken broth on hand is to help fight colds and the flu, of course.
What's your favorite soup when you're sick? Tell us below!
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Cookbooks $4 & Up
Cold Medications $4 & Up
Flu Medications $4 & Up
Thermometers $5 & Up
Tissues $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.