Ooey Gooey Pecan Cobbler Recipe Will Make You Save Room for Dessert by Sarah Griffin
Pecan cobbler? Oh, my! This ooey gooey dessert recipe is worth saving room for.
At my house, we topped this pecan dessert recipe with pecan halves, but next time we'll just use chopped pecans (some of the halves got hard when baked).
This cobbler recipe is really good the next day warmed for about 25 seconds in the microwave, then topped with vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on package
- 2 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- butter flavor cooking spray
- 2 cups pecan halves or chopped pecans
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Remove one pie crust from the pouch and unroll it on a work surface. Roll it into a 13x9-inch rectangle. Place the crust in a 3-quart glass baking dish that’s been greased with shortening or cooking spray (I like the baking spray with flour in it). Trim the edges to fit.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with a wire whisk. Stir in the chopped pecans. Spoon half of the filling over the crust.
- Remove the second crust from the pouch and roll it into a 13x9-inch rectangle. Place the crust over the filling and trim the edges to fit. Spray the crust with butter flavor cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 14 to 16 minutes, or until lightly browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Carefully spoon the remaining filling over the baked pastry and top with pecan halves or chopped pecans. Bake for another 30 minutes or until set. Cool 20 minutes on a cooling rack. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Light Corn Syrup $3 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Chopped Pecans $5 & Up
Pecan Halves $6 & Up
Butter Flavor Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Shortening $4 & Up
Baking Spray With Flour $3 & Up
Glass Baking Dishes $8 & Up
Wire Whisks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.