How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream (a Fun Activity for Kids) by Donna John
Whipped cream used to be a family activity at my house. Really. I would put a bowl with some heavy whipping cream in it and set a whisk beside it on the kitchen counter. As I was cooking dinner, my kids and I would take turns whisking until it magically turned into a delicious mound of goodness to dollop on our dessert or dip fruit in after dinner. Plus, I considered it my arm workout for the day! Give it a try with your kids!
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract (optional)
Here’s how you make it:
- Put a metal mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour some heavy whipping cream into the cold bowl (1 cup makes a pretty good amount).
- Add about 1-3 tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet you like it. If you want, add a drop or two of vanilla for extra flavor.
- Use the whisk and beat the cream until soft peaks form. Stop as soon as it becomes whipped cream or you’ll have butter before you know it! (Been there, done that!)
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.