Healthy Halloween Snacks: How to Make Spooky Olive Hummus! by 30Seconds Food
Kids (and adults) may rethink the sugar for just a minute on Halloween when they can take a dip into this creepy olive hummus. Serve with vegetables, pita chips, bread sticks or crackers.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained (reserve liquid from the can)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup green olives stuffed with pimento
- 2 regular black olives (for spider garnish)
- sour cream or whipped cream cheese (for web garnish)
Here’s how to make it:
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic to a blender. Pulse until very smooth. Add a little of the reserved chickpea liquid, if needed.
- Add the olives and pulse until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon mixture into a bowl.
- Cut the regular black olives to create a spider.
- Put the sour cream or cream cheese into a plastic sandwich bag and cut the tip off to create a piping bag. Squeeze a web shape onto the hummus. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.