Easy Cheese Ball Bats Recipe: You'll Go Batty for This Halloween Appetizer by 30Seconds Food
Mini pistachio cheese balls take flight when they get tortilla chip wings. These bat appetizers are sure to become a Halloween tradition – and you won't mind because they are so easy to make.
You don't need a lot of spooky ingredients to make these mini cheese balls shaped like bats. Here is your shopping list: cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, pistachios, black olives and blue tortilla chips. The blue corn tortilla chips are the bat's "wings" and the black olives are the "eyes." So fun!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios
- black olives
- blue tortilla chips
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Airtight Containers
- Kitchen Towels
- If you want your bats to have white centers in their eyes, just fill with a tiny bit of cream cheese.
- Store the cheese balls in an airtight food container.
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Worcestershire and pepper, to taste, in a bowl. Mix well.
- Roll the mixture into small balls.
- Roll the mini cheese balls into the crushed pistachios.
- Press two pieces of black olive into the cheese balls for the eyes.
- Place on a serving try and insert pieces of blue tortilla chips into the sides for “wings” and top for "ears." Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 7.5g
Saturated Fat: 3.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 3.3g
Dietary Fiber: 0.7g
Total Sugars: 0.5g
Vitamin D: 1mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.