Creamy Olive Hummus Recipe: A Spooky & Healthy Halloween Snack by 30Seconds Food
Everyone may rethink the sugar for just a minute on Halloween when they can take a dip into this creepy olive hummus. With healthy ingredients and easy prep, this will be a new family favorite at Halloween and beyond.
Serve this easy olive hummus recipe with vegetables, pita chips, bread sticks or crackers.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained (reserve liquid from the can)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup green olives stuffed with pimento
- 2 regular black olives (for spider garnish)
- sour cream or whipped cream cheese (for web garnish)
Here’s how to make it:
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic to a blender. Pulse until very smooth. Add a little of the reserved chickpea liquid, if needed.
- Add the olives and pulse until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon mixture into a bowl.
- Cut the regular black olives to create a spider.
- Put the sour cream or cream cheese into a plastic sandwich bag and cut the tip off to create a piping bag. Squeeze a web shape onto the hummus. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Chickpeas $2 & Up
Tahini $3 & Up
Kalamata Olives $6 & Up
Green Olives $4 & Up
Black Olives $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.