Healthy Halloween Snacks: How to Make Fun Mummy Cheese Crackers by Donna John
Who says everything has to be sweet on Halloween? Turn just a few ingredients into fun mummy cheese crackers everyone will enjoy.
- oblong-shaped crackers
- white cheese (mozzarella and Monterey Jack work well)
- black olives
- sundried tomatoes (optional)
Here’s how you make them:
- Cut thin strips of the cheeses long enough to touch side to side on your cracker. Make various lengths so you can make a “mummy” pattern.
- Cut circles of the cheese out for the eyes.
- Cut the black olives into very tiny pieces for the eyes.
- If using, cut tiny strips from a sundried tomato.
- To assemble, lay your crackers on a serving platter. Arrange the cheese strips on each cracker to form a mummy. Add the circles and top with a piece of black olive for the eyes. Randomly scatter tiny strips of the sundried tomato, if using, to create a “bloody” mummy.
Variation: Use whipped cream cheese instead of hard cheese. Put it into a cake decorating bag and pipe it on to form a mummy. Pipe circles for the eyes and top with a piece of black olive. You could also use sundried tomato pesto to create "blood" and add more flavor.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.