Green Goddess Salad Dressing Recipe: A Historic Creamy Salad Dressing Recipe With a Cali Twist by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
The historic green goddess salad dressing recipe was created by Chef Philip Roemer right in my hometown, San Francisco, at the Palace Hotel. He came up with the recipe in 1923 for a banquet at the hotel honoring actor George Arliss, the lead in William Archer's play, The Green Goddess.
Today, most people eat healthier, so I've adapted the recipe to fit the California nouveau lifestyle. This easy green goddess salad dressing recipe is fabulous on salads, mixed into pasta salads, drizzled on fish or chicken or as a dipping sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 large shallot, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley stems and leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 4 tablespoons snipped chives
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients except the yogurt, avocado and the olive oil in a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add yogurt and avocado. Whirl on high speed to incorporate.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil to make an emulsion. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Use immediately or store in an airtight refrigerated container for up to three to four days.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Salad Dressing Cruets $7 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Green Goddess Salad Dressings $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.