Green Goddess Salad Recipe With Pesto Dressing: A Refreshed Version of the Viral TikTok Salad Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Melissa Ben-Ishay, founder of Baked by Melissa, didn't realize when she published her vegan green goddess salad recipe that it would go viral. We can understand why it did! The chopped salad is crisp, full of healthy herbs and vegetables, and dressed in a vibrant pesto vinaigrette.
We took a few liberties with the salad recipe and added even more fresh herbs (dill and parsley) and more lemon (who doesn't love more lemon?). Because of the health benefits of walnuts, that's our nut of choice for the lemony pesto salad dressing. This refreshing salad travels well because cabbage doesn't wilt like lettuce, so it's a great dish to take to potlucks or cookouts.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 small head green cabbage, shredded or chopped fine
- 1 cucumber, chopped or julienned very small
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, or to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
Here's how to make it:
- Put all the salad ingredients into a bowl.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a blender. Blend until combined and smooth.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad ingredients and mix well to coat.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $25 & Up
Nutritional Yeast $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Walnuts $4 & Up
White Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.