Cherry Vanilla Greek Yogurt: Made With Love, Not Added Sugar! by Vicki Shanta Retelny, RDN
I can't wait for cherry season! I love all kinds, from tart to sweet. I bought a bag of frozen sweet cherries to add to oatmeal, smoothies and yogurt. With a mere three ingredients, you can whip up a delightfully nourishing breakfast, snack or dessert.
- 1/2 cup frozen dark and sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 2 vanilla bean pods
- 1 cup plain 2-percent fat Greek yogurt
Here’s how to make it:
- On the stovetop over medium-low heat, put cherries and vanilla (if using fresh beans, remove the vanilla beans from the pods) in a small saucepan. Stir and heat through for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and let cool for a minute. Put the yogurt into a bowl. Pour over warm cherries and vanilla. Stir and enjoy!