Easy Cherry Vanilla Yogurt Recipe: This Delicious Cherry Greek Yogurt Recipe Is Made With Love, Not Added Sugar by Vicki Shanta Retelny, RDN
I love cherry season! I am a fan of all kinds of cherries, from tart to sweet, and from fresh to frozen. Cherries are loaded with fiber and anti-oxidants, among other nutrition boosters. I bought a bag of frozen sweet cherries to add to oatmeal, smoothies and yogurt. With a mere three ingredients, you can whip up a delightfully nourishing breakfast, snack or dessert.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup frozen dark and sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 2 vanilla bean pods
- 1 cup plain 2-percent fat Greek yogurt
Here’s how to make it:
- On the stove-top over medium-low heat, put cherries and vanilla (if using fresh beans, remove the vanilla beans from the pods) in a small saucepan. Stir and heat through for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and let cool for a minute. Put the yogurt into a bowl. Pour over warm cherries and vanilla. Stir and enjoy!