Stop What You're Doing & Make These Oven-Baked Chicken Fajitas! by Donna John
These oven-baked chicken fajitas are a quick way to enjoy Mexican food any day of the week. No grill required.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 can tomatoes with green chiles (Rotel)
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, seasoned salt, pepper and can of Rotel in a bowl. Mix well.
- Put the chicken, onion, peppers and cilantro in a larger bowl. Pour the tomato mixture over and toss to coat. Pour into a baking pan or onto a sheet pan.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for about 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with tortillas and desired toppings.