How to Make a Classic Old Fashioned Cocktail (It Dates Back to 1881)! by Donna John
2 years ago
The first Old Fashioned cocktail was served at the Pendennis Club in Louisville, Ky., in 1881. Or so the story goes. Here's an easy recipe so you can enjoy this classic cocktail at home.
- 1 - 2 teaspoons simple syrup (get Chef Gigi's recipe)
- 3 dashes bitters (Angostura works well)
- 2 ounces bourbon or rye whiskey
- orange peel (optional)
- maraschino cherries (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the simple syrup, bitters and whiskey in a glass. Stir.
- Add a few ice cubes.
- Garnish with orange peel and maraschino cherries, if desired. Makes one drink.