How to Make a Classic Old Fashioned Cocktail (It Dates Back to 1881) by Donna John
The first Old Fashioned cocktail was served at the Pendennis Club in Louisville, Ky., in 1881. Or so the story goes. Here's an easy recipe so you can enjoy this classic cocktail at home.
- 1 - 2 teaspoons simple syrup (get Chef Gigi's recipe)
- 3 dashes bitters (Angostura works well)
- 2 ounces bourbon or rye whiskey
- orange peel (optional)
- maraschino cherries (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the simple syrup, bitters and whiskey in a glass. Stir.
- Add a few ice cubes.
- Garnish with orange peel and maraschino cherries, if desired. Makes one drink.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.