Red, White & Blue Cupcakes Recipe: An Easy Patriotic July 4th Dessert by Donna John
Looking for an easy patriotic dessert? These red, white and blue cupcakes are not only simple to make, but also look great on the table if you're entertaining. Everyone loves these delicious cupcakes for dessert, and they will make your holiday even more festive.
This easy patriotic dessert starts with a box of cake mix. You'll need the ingredients to make the cake mix plus red and blue gel food coloring, white frosting and patriotic sprinkles to decorate with. Quick and easy!
Serve these fun red, white and blue cupcakes for dessert on July 4th, Memorial Day or even Labor Day. Actually, any day you feel like showing your patriotic pride.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Servings: 24 to 30 cupcakes
- white cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- red and blue gel food coloring
- tub white frosting or non-dairy whipped topping
- red, white and blue sprinkles
- Store the cupcakes in the fridge if using non-dairy whipped topping.
Here's how to make it:
- Mix up the cake batter according to package directions.
- Divide the batter into three bowls. Leave one bowl white, add red gel food coloring to the second bowl and blue gel food coloring to the third.
- Layer the colored cake batter in the baking liners until they are 3/4 full. Bake according to package directions.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with regular icing or non-dairy whipped topping. Add sprinkles to the top.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.