Do You Fondue? Ring in the New Year With This Classic Cheese Fondue Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Never tried cheese fondue? Well, if you're having a New Year's Eve party or just sitting on the couch watching the ball drop in your jammies, you've run out of excuses.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- garlic clove (optional)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry, brandy or white wine
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into cubes
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the cheese and flour in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- If using, cut the garlic clove in half and rub it all over the inside of a fondue pot. Discard.
- Add the wine and heat to a simmer. Do not boil.
- Add lemon juice and about one-fourth of the cheese. Stir until cheese melts, then add another one-fourth. Do this until all the cheese is used and melted. Stir in the sherry, brandy or additional white wine. Serve with chunks of French bread.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Fondue Pots $12 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.