Seafood Fondue Dip: How to Make Rock Shrimp & Manchego Fondue! by Donna John
Eric Kaszubinski, executive chef at McCoy’s Oceanfront in Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa in Pompano Beach, Fla., shared his seafood fondue dip recipe!
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 pound rock shrimp
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 ounces flour
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 4 ounces white wine
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/2 pound Manchego cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Here’s how you make it:
- Place butter in a nonstick pot and melt over medium heat.
- Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place flour in pot and stir to allow it to absorb the butter and cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in heavy cream and add cilantro and the spices.
- Once liquid has thickened, add the Manchego cheese and finish with white wine.
- Serve in individual portions along with pita and plantain chips.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: