Amazing Grilled Mexican Queso Dip Recipe Will Make You Weekend MVP by Donna John
Every foodie group is talking about it: smoked queso. It's definitely a hot food trend you need to try! This Mexican queso recipe is cooked outside on your grill, preferably with wood in a smoker. But if a charcoal grill or gas grill is all you have, you'll still be a happy camper after that first tortilla chip gets dunked.
All you need to make this amazing grilled queso recipe is meat of your choice (ground beef, chorizo or pork breakfast sausage), processed cheese loaf, hard cheeses, fresh cilantro, chopped onion, chopped tomato, poblano peppers, fresh jalapenos, pickled jalapenos, fresh garlic, canned tomatoes and milk or cream. Mix, match, omit and change the ingredients to suit your family's tastes. The ingredients are cooked until smooth and melted on a grill.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 to 2 hours
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours to 2 1/2 hours
- ground beef, chorizo or breakfast sausage, cooked
- Velveeta, cubed
- hard cheese, cubed (pepper-jack, Monterey Jack, cheddar, mozzarella, etc.)
- cilantro, chopped
- onion, chopped
- tomato, chopped
- poblano pepper, chopped
- fresh jalapenos, chopped
- pickled jalapenos
- garlic, minced
- fire-roasted tomatoes or tomatoes with green chiles (plus liquid)
- milk or cream, to thin (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef. You can not season, add spices or a package or two of taco seasoning mix. (I used Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix)
- Put all the ingredients into a large aluminum pan.
- Place the pan on your heated grill. Close the lid and allow it to start melting.
- Once it starts to melt, stir. Continue to cook.
- When everything is hot and melted, add some milk or cream (or more liquid from the tomatoes or even some juice from the pickled jalapenos) to get it to desired consistency. Serve with tortilla chips.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.