Budget Hamburger Steaks Recipe: A Hall of Fame Ground Beef Recipe by Donna John
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 packet lower-sodium brown gravy mix (I use McCormick)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Here's how you make it:
- Combine the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl. Gently mix until just combined. Shape into four to five, depending on size, loosely packed patties.
- Add a little olive oil to a skillet and heat. Add patties and cook until browned on one side. Flip them over and continue to cook until they're almost done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the onions and mushrooms, if using, to the skillet and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in the French onion soup, gravy mix, water and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
- Put the meat patties back on top. Spoon the sauce over them and continue to cook until meat is cooked through.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
McCormick Brown Gravy Mix $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Yellow Mustard $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.