Healthy 5-Ingredient No-Bake Brownies Recipe: Gluten Free, Dairy Free & No Refined Sugar by Beth Aldrich, CHC, AADP, CNT
Here's a healthy brownie recipe that will second as breakfast. With no wheat, sugar or dairy, even strict diets can enjoy this tasty dessert, morning, noon or night.
The easy five-ingredient no-bake brownies are made with pitted dates, raw walnuts, cacao powder, raisins and either cacao nibs or dairy-free mini chocolate chips. The walnuts are blended in a food processor until they turn into a powder. The dates are slowly added, one at a time, until the mixture looks like chocolate chip cookie dough. Cacao powder is added until it looks like brownie batter (lots of transformation going on here!). The cacao chips or chocolate chips are pulsed in and the dough is pressed into a baking pan. After refrigerating for 15 minutes, the brownies are ready to be sliced and eaten.
Serve these healthy brownies with sliced berries, coconut flakes or banana for breakfast, as a snack or even for dessert. This is healthy food you will want to make again and again.
- 16 pitted dates
- 1 cup raw unsalted, unroasted walnuts
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs or dairy-free chocolate chips
Here’s how to make it:
- Blend walnuts in a food processor until it looks like meal.
- Slowly add the pitted dates, one at a time, while the food processor is spinning. Stop and use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to scrap the excess off the sides of the processor bowl. Continue to blend until it looks like chocolate chip cookie dough (without the chips yet).
- Add the 2/3 cup cacao powder until blended and it looks like brownie batter.
- Slowly pulse in the cacao chips and raisins until desired consistency.
- Press into a square or rectangular glass pan. (I use waxed paper and a smooth glass to roll over the dough.) Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to form. Cut and eat!
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dairy-free Chocolate Chips $4 & Up
Pitted Dates $4 & Up
Walnuts $4 & Up
Cacao Powder $5 & Up
Raisins $4 & Up
Cacao Nibs $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.