This Good-for-You Butternut Squash Hummus Recipe Tastes Like Fall by Donna John
Here's your short shopping list for this vegetarian winter squash hummus: butternut squash, olive oil, canned chickpeas, tahini, fresh garlic, lemons, smoked paprika and ground cumin. If you want a crunchy topping, grab some hazelnuts, too.
Serve this creamy gluten-free hummus recipe with pita chips, crackers, vegetables or spread on toasted bread. This is a wonderful appetizer on Thanksgiving, Halloween or any day with that crisp fall feeling in the air.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes to roast squash
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups roasted butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 - 2 tablespoons water (depends on thickness you desire)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Lemon Juicer
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Stand Mixer
- Airtight Containers
- Food Processor
- Store any leftover hummus in an airtight food container in the refrigerator.
- Try this recipe with roasted pumpkin.
- Instead of hazelnuts, I garnished mine with pumpkin seeds.
Here's how to make it:
- Add all ingredients except hazelnuts to a food processor or blender. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Pour into a serving bowl. Drizzle with a little more olive oil, sprinkle with more paprika and garnish with hazelnuts or roast the squash seeds and use those.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 12.1g
Dietary Fiber: 4.6g
Total Sugars: 1.1g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.