Cream of Poblano Soup Will Become One of Your Favorite Recipes by Donna John
This creamy poblano soup is one of my favorites. If you want a heartier soup, you can top it with chunks of chicken, grilled shrimp or even chorizo.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped (learn how to roast poblano peppers)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- toppings: shredded Monterey Jack cheese, diced red onion, cilantro leaves, tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the poblano, onion and carrots in the butter until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add water and chicken stock. Stir and simmer on low about 30 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender.
- Add half-and-half, cilantro and salt. Heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings. Spoon into bowls and top with desired toppings.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.