Cream of Poblano Soup Will Become One of Your Favorite Recipes by Donna John
This creamy poblano soup is one of my favorites. If you want a heartier soup, you can top it with chunks of chicken, grilled shrimp or even chorizo.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped (learn how to roast poblano peppers)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- toppings: shredded Monterey Jack cheese, diced red onion, cilantro leaves, tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the poblano, onion and carrots in the butter until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add water and chicken stock. Stir and simmer on low about 30 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender.
- Add half-and-half, cilantro and salt. Heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Spoon into bowls and top with desired toppings.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.