Roasted poblano peppers are called for in lots of recipes. Don't be intimidated! It's really easy to do!
In the Oven
- Lay the peppers on a baking sheet.
- Roast in a 400-degree F oven until skin is charred on one side.
- Turn the peppers over and continue to cook until the other side is charred.
- With tongs, put peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. (This helps loosen the skin.)
- When they're cool enough to handle, peel the skin off of peppers and discard.
On a Gas Stove
- Place the peppers directly on the burner.
- Over a high-heat flame, cook the peppers, turning with tongs, until all sides are charred.
- Put the peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, as described in the oven method.
I prefer the stove-top method, but either will result in a perfectly roasted poblano that's recipe ready.