How to Roast Poblano Peppers (2 Methods to Try)! by Donna John
Roasted poblano peppers are called for in lots of recipes. Don't be intimidated! It's really easy to do!
In the Oven
- Lay the peppers on a baking sheet.
- Roast in a 400-degree F oven until skin is charred on one side.
- Turn the peppers over and continue to cook until the other side is charred.
- With tongs, put peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. (This helps loosen the skin.)
- When they're cool enough to handle, peel the skin off of peppers and discard.
On a Gas Stove
- Place the peppers directly on the burner.
- Over a high-heat flame, cook the peppers, turning with tongs, until all sides are charred.
- Put the peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, as described in the oven method.
I prefer the stove-top method, but either will result in a perfectly roasted poblano that's recipe ready.