Ooooo La La, a French Classic: How to Make Chicken Dijonnaise! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
Eat like a chef and make Chicken Drumsticks Dijonnaise! Uh, yum!
- 1 - 2 teaspoons ground cumin (it's optimum to toast your own coriander and pulverize, but optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 8)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard (not fake yellow)
- 3 tablespoons crème fraiche or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped tarragon
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil until shimmering. Season the chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in skillet and cook, turning often, until nicely brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add chicken stock and cumin. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until done, about 30 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, crème fraiche and tarragon. Add to pan and stir until thickened.
- Return the chicken to pan and blanket with the sauce!
Ooooh la la!