Best Homemade Granola Recipe: This Easy Homemade Granola Powers You Up With Taste, Not Refined Sugar by Jan Mostrom
Homemade granola is a great way to power up your family with nutrition. And you'll never want store-bought granola again after you try this easy, delicious granola recipe that's loaded with taste, not refined sugar. If you want it gluten-free, just substitute with gluten-free oats. Perfect for breakfast or a snack to give you energy later in the day.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes about 6 cups
- 5 cups oats or gluten-free oats
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup slivered almonds (or walnuts or pecans)
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon, to taste
- 1 cup dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, apricot pieces, etc.)
Here's how to make it:
- Mix oats, oil, maple syrup and vanilla together well and place on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (not necessary, but makes clean-up easier).
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F, stirring well every 10 minutes.
- For the last 10 minutes of baking, add the flax seeds.
- When browned to your liking, remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon to taste, and add the dried fruit.
Top with your favorite berries, yogurt or milk, and enjoy your healthy homemade granola!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Kirkland Signature Nonstick Parchment Pape $17
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Big Sheet $15
La Tourangelle Grapeseed Oil $12
Bob's Red Mill Organic Regular Rolled Oats $4
Organic Pure Maple Syrup $15
Sincerely Nuts Blanched Slivered Almonds Raw $13
Raw Flax Seeds by Gerbs $11
Mavuno Harvest Fair Trade Organic Dried Fruit Tropical Mix $15
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Grape seed and Flax have so many wonderful benefits .. and the almonds for protein!!
( any of our nut allergy friends maybe can sprinkle in protein powder instead )