Cookies on a Stick Recipe: These Easy & Delicious Cookies on a Stick Desserts are a Fun Family Activity by Jan Mostrom
We love these fun cookies on a stick desserts for so many reasons. First, cookies on a stick are so easy to make. Second, these cookies are really yummy. And last but not least, this fun dessert is a great, inexpensive activity for any birthday party or get together. It just may become a favorite family pastime.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 to 16 minutes
Total Time: 17 to 21 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- pre-packaged sugar cookie dough (or flavor of your choosing)
- flat craft sticks or wooden tongue depressors
- frosting and sprinkles for decorating
Here's how to make them:
- Slice prepackaged sugar cookie dough into thick slices. (I freeze it for 30 to 60 minutes for easier slicing.)
- Place four to six slices on a large cookie sheet.
- Place decorated (or not) craft sticks or wooden tongue depressors on top of dough about 3/4 of the way through the dough. Press gently.
- Put another slice of cookie dough on top.
- Bake according to package directions, but be prepared to add a few minutes because of thickness.
- Cool on a wire rack.
The next step is the fun one. Have kids (and adults) decorate with frosting and sprinkles!