At-Home Family Fun Ideas: Staycation Activities for a Fun Summer Break During Coronavirus (COVID-19) Quarantine by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
Summer is here, but coronavirus (COVID-19) has put many plans on hold. If you have to stay at home, you can still enjoy a little summer vacation. Check out these staycation ideas to help you have fun while staying safe and healthy:
- Plan a mini road trip. Take a road trip to a new place in your state or to a national park. This is a great way to get out of the house while still practicing social distancing in an open green space.
- Have a spa day. In times of high stress, it's important to take time for yourself and your family. Take a bubble bath, make an avocado facial mask, practice mindfulness and get in touch with your body and your health.
- Host a cooking night. Learn new, healthy recipes at home that your whole family can participate in making.
- Camp in your own backyard. Pitch a tent or lay under the stars. Camping at home is a great way to get outside while also still staying safe. Make sure to wear sunscreen!
- Take a virtual tour. If you have little ones in the house, occupy their minds with virtual museum and zoo tours. This is a great way to escape and explore without leaving the safety of your home.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
The Great American Staycation: How to Make a Vacation at Home Fun for the Whole Family (and Your Wallet!) $10
Sunscreen $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.