No Vacation Plans? No Problem. Here Are 6 Reasons to Take a Staycation Instead by Cindy Cooke, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP
Summer is the vacation season, but not everyone has a dream getaway planned, especially now during the coronavirus pandemic. Even if you can’t afford your dream vacation, here are six reasons a staycation can be just as important as crossing something off your bucket list.
- Simplicity. Delayed flights and lost luggage can make even relaxing trips tense.
- Make the most of your time off. If you only have a few days to spare, too much travel time eats away at your chill time – critical for good health.
- Save money. R&R doesn’t need to cost an arm and a leg.
- Change your perspective. Looking at your hometown through a vacationers’ eyes can lead to new discoveries.
- Connect with people. Sometimes it’s good to get away. Other times, it’s good to catch up on the things you haven’t had time for, like good friends.
- Unplug and recharge. Don’t feel like you need to go away to create distance from the real world. Sometimes just unplugging can have the same effect.
Vacations are nice, but staycations can be equally rewarding and far simpler to plan and execute. Don’t let the lack of a big vacation keep you from the health benefits of relaxing. A staycation is right outside your front door!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Staycation Shirts $12 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.