First Day of Fall: All the Reasons I Love Fall & Why It's My Favorite Season Mindfulness
When I was in elementary school, I was teased because of the color of my hair. I am redhead. I was in third grade and I remember running to my mom as soon as I got off the school bus and bursting into tears. No one likes to be called a carrot top! Luckily, as kind and genuinely compassionate as my mom was, the balance came from my dad’s equally strong will and protective nature. Once my dad heard the news, he quickly pointed out that carrot tops are green – not red!
The next day, I told that boy at school the real truth about carrot tops! I will never forget the vibrant brightly colored red leaf that my dad picked out for me; he told me that it matched my hair color perfectly. In that moment, I saw the most beautiful shade of red, which I’ve never noticed before and I saw my own beauty in such a light, as only my dad could see.
I’ve held onto my mom’s warm embrace and the image of that leaf and my dad’s love – it is with me always, as I relate to the fall season and the changing colors of the leaves, which is why fall is my favorite season. I reflect on this now, as I prepare for fall – and the excitement is starting to build as I soak up all the memories that are part of me and the warm cozy feelings the fall season inspires!
- The magic of Friday night high school football games under the lights and the cool brisk air.
- The colors of fall, the unending bright reds, the shades of orange and yellow, the beauty is life affirming.
- Pumpkins! Pumpkins! Pumpkins!
- Did I mention fall decorating yet?
- Last, but not least, the view on the summit of an Adirondack High Peak – there is nothing like it when the leaves are at full peak, the colors are truly magnificent!
Fall is a time to receive and allow in everything that is nurturing to your soul. I like to think that when a leaf is ready, once they are full of love and radiance, awe and wonder, in their splendor, they willfully determine it is simply time to let go.
What do you love about fall?
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!