How to Start a Strength Training Program: Tips & Easy Exercises for Total Body Fitness by Lisa Faremouth Weber
Ready to add strength training into your fitness routine? Here are five exercises to help with your total body fitness and tips to get started:
- Begin with the end in mind and write down your goals and intention. With a sense of enthusiasm, decide to move in the direction of your dreams.
- Purchase 3-pound hand weights, 5-pound hand weights and 8-pound hand weights. Once you master the exercises using these weights, you can progress to heavier weights. It is best to be safe and use lighter weights first.
- Dress for success! Invest in a fitness wardrobe including leggings, joggers or shorts, bra top, tank, long sleeve and hoodie. If you live in a cold climate hat, gloves and scarf.
- I recommend a daily 20- to 30-minute walk, jog or bike outdoors. Being in nature balances the nervous system. Of course, it is fun to have indoor cardio equipment, too.
- I have my clients invest in a body bar 9, 12, 15. My advance clients build up to using 18 and 24.
Here is a basic total body workout you should do two to three times per week to grow your bones and muscles and create joint fitness and overall well-being. Do 12 to 15 reps for each exercises. Pause in between and take a deep cleansing breath.
- Standing bicep curls with underhand grip
- Overhead press
- Heel lifts
- Bent over rows
Repeat this sequence two to three times. Closing stretches should include:
Standing Forward Bend
Standing Arm Circles and Chest Stretch
End with a seated or reclining five to 15-minute mediation.
Reach out to me for wellness, life and fitness coaching!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links. The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.